Ford Excursion Forum
September 25, 2017, 12:51:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Get what you want out of life visit http://joe.myginclub.com Get what you want out of life visit http://joe.myginclub.com

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Excursion tire wear and front end wander  (Read 6275 times)
gtleblanc

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2011, 08:58:57 PM »

I just posted on the Eddie Bauer section but probably should have posted here instead.

2003 Excursion, 6.0 diesel, 4 x 4, 110,000 miles

Question one: I hate the front end steering wander and wanted to buy a LANDYOT type rear radius rods to solve the problem. Anyone know where to buy them or an equivalent type product? I have replaced the shocks and stabilizer with Bilsteins, it helped but still need to fix the problem.

Question two: what tire wear do you get. I use stock size 265-75-R16 and and have used several brands and get a T/A type tread. I have a hard time getting to 30,000 miles. Anyone with tire suggestions to get more life?

thanks
joemco
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 11:03:41 PM »

I have been finding about the same using the stock tires on my 03 Diesel limited.
cnsmeci

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 11:07:59 PM »

Goodyear tires wore out at about 30k, 20k miles early. Then Goodyear company stiffed me.

Bought a set of Wrangler Silent Armor's with 50k mile warranty, and all 4 wore out after only 33k. But because 2 showed some alignment wear they didn't want to honor the warranty on any of them! The local GY retailer fought for me and got them to cover 2, but all 4 were shot. So I went the America's Tire where I bought them originally and they credited me for all 4. And even put me in a different brand since the GYs didn't cut it.

Had better luck with the Pirelli Scorpions. All were OEM size and ratings.
jammin67

'04 Excursion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 09:19:05 AM »

Have the upper and lower balljoints checked. I replaced mine at 80,000 miles cured the wander on my 04 Excursion.
I rotate the tires every 4k miles and that has extened the life to almost 50k.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: