Ford Excursion Forum
December 17, 2017, 02:07:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Get what you want out of life visit http://joe.myginclub.com Get what you want out of life visit http://joe.myginclub.com

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AC blowing through defrost  (Read 10334 times)
lostcity

View Profile Email
« on: August 14, 2011, 11:01:54 AM »

Hello all. New to this forum. I have a 2000 Excursion. I have seen post on this problem but nothing like I am facing. My AC blows through my defrost. However, if I turn the switch to high 4x4 it changes and comes through the regular vents for a little while and then goes back to defrost. I have changed the vacuum lines on the hubs but nothing has changed. This happened all at once about a week ago. I can't seem to find any vacuum leaks using brake cleaner. Is there something else I can do as I feel this is probably a vacuum issue but Im not sure where to start. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
jquin10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:47:14 PM »

Should be your vacuum pump, (Ford 2A451 part number).  It defaults to defrost when it is bad.

pm me and I can get a price for you tomorrow morning.  I am a Ford Dealer Parts employee!
b.chan

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 03:03:28 PM »

Is this located under the dash inside behind the glove box, or under the hood?
charlessalmond

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »

I have a 2003 and having the same problem.  The Vacuum pump seems to be working but makes a lot of noise (clacking).  Wnen you replaced, did it work?
mechanic1984

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »

you didnot state engine,,if you are using brake cleaner to find a vacuum leak the i must believe you have a gas engine,,vacuum is supplied directly to the vacuum canister via the intake manifold.there the line runs to the hublock soleniod but not before splitting off to the hvac system,,if you engage 4x4 and vents work for a few seconds then the only reason is the soleniod commanding high vacuum,,full,, to the hubs to engage ,,thus changing hub position.i believe you have an issue with the hublock soleniod,,an easy test to do is unplug the vacuum lines at the soleniod and plug the incoming vacuum supply,,if the vents now work then you have isolated the issue to the soleniod to hubs,,next connect only the vacuum feed to the soleniod,,,is there vacuum on the exposed nipple if yes the the soleniod is stuck open and replace,,
dclinton

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 09:25:22 AM »

Had same problem w/2000 X. Found stuck check valve in vacuum reservoir. Replaced reservoir (not an expensive part) obtained from Ford. Works good now.
Ebolton

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 11:32:01 PM »

I had same issues my x 05 the vacuum line to the front driver side up for automatic locker hole line some where ac stright defroster replaced.vacuum line fine now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: