Ford Excursion Forum
July 20, 2017, 10:46:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Get what you want out of life visit http://joe.myginclub.com Get what you want out of life visit http://joe.myginclub.com

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: front end noise  (Read 14853 times)
cossak

View Profile Email
« on: November 23, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »

Hi everyone. I have a 2002 limited, with a 2003 7.3 diesel. I have 300K miles on it, and it still runs great. But I have alot of noise from the front end. I think the drivers bearing is gone because lots of humming noise as I drive, and when I turn the wheel it changes. I also have alot of thumping noise over bumps, and when I start from stopped, I can almost feel and hear what sounds like metal stretching. Was told that the rubber is worn on the leafs and that is the sound. When I go to slow down now, the steering wheel just doesn't vibrate, it moves left and right. I figure I need a new bearing, and most of the bushings and tie rods changed already. Since all that probably needs to be replaced, is there much of a price difference to just changing it, or doing about a 3" lift at the same time since I would think that those same parts need to be changed to accomodate the lift.  And, I am in the Brantford Ontario area, does anyone know of a good service place that can do the work at a reasonable price and is good?  email me directly to my hot mail with replies please.  It is  nevergivin@hotmail.com

thank you
stevenanderson337

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »

I have a 2000 excursion with the v10 and i had to replace the bearings on both sides...You can tell if the bearing is on the way out if you jack up the front end and grab the tire and see if theres any movement back and forth and that will be a bearing or otherwise the u joints on the front going out which i also had to replace..Hope you have luck with yours ive replaced both the bearings and u joints up front and i still have the noises which is coming most likely from the transfer case your easist way is to take it to the nearest ford dealership and have them diagnosis it...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: