Ford Excursion Forum
September 20, 2017, 07:05:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Get what you want out of life visit http://joe.myginclub.com Get what you want out of life visit http://joe.myginclub.com

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All gauges not working, lights, radio etc are fine  (Read 2212 times)
Lmorsette

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2016, 01:15:04 AM »

I have looked far and wide for an answer to this problem but have found nothing.

Three days ago while driving my 2003 Excursion my gauges all quit working.  No big deal I thought, just a fuse. Replaced fuse, which wasn't blown, but did it anyway.  Nope, all gauges still out. ALL lights, radio, Windows etc are working just fine.  

Later that evening my alternator broke.  Replaced that in about an hour. Truck starts, gauges still all out.  

I'm not a mechanic so electrical issue are way out of my realm.  As a matter of fact I'm a chick but not an idiot...lol
I don't want to HAVE to take it into a shop & get ripped for money I don't need to spend. And I'm trying to avoid have to replace the whole instrument cluster as well. 

Anyone else have this issue, just dead gauges with nothing else???
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 01:19:55 AM by Lmorsette » Logged
tlbque22

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 01:02:12 PM »

Same thing happen to my 2005 Excursion.  Its a Ford issue with a sensor in the cluster.  If you Google "Ford Gauge Cluster" Issues, they will tell you what the problem is and YouTube has a video on how to install a new one.  You will have to purchase a new cluster for about 700 bucks.  It is happening to all Ford F250 type of vehicles. 

Cost me $1250 at the dealership.  Hope this helps. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: